Interesting game, but I wish it had more content and depth!
Jezebel and the Flame
Trigger warning: this content might include references to topics such as sexual abuse.
When her potion for a witch goes dangerously wrong, local medicine woman Jezebel has to keep her husband Terrence alive as he's been transformed into a flame. Since they don't have much money nor wood, Jezebel has to go ask her neighbours for it. Secrets are revealed and sins are committed. How far are you willing to go to keep your love alive?
Programming, art and design
Design and dialog
- Added new dialog content and options (all we couldn't put in during the jam)
- Added a simulated light system
- Improved art, special on backgrounds
- Added a pause menu and audio settings
- Fixed a bug that made the first conversation with Terrence repeat every time you entered the house.
- Restart music & background sound effects on game over.
- Adjusted dialog sound (blip) volume.
- Fixed position when entering leaving rooms, restart all positions to default on game over.
- Fixed bug the caused to play dialog blip on loop when clicking on the flame during the opening.
- Fix bug that allowed you to feed the fire without getting close.
- Fixed a bug that affected dialog display after restarting the game.
- Jezebel is now playable in browser!Feb 16, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I've had two playthroughs, I failed to save him the first time but I did it the second time through... unconventional means. I wish there could be more dialogue after saving Terrence, but other than that it was enjoyable!